Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just say "no" to coffee tables...

Whilst pondering decor issues, I came up with the following thought:

"Decide what is more important: the item you want to put into a given space or the space itself."

Okay, so it is not that profound, but it came up during a discussion over coffee tables, which I am against. I think they are just crap collectors and if I want to have a place to put my feet I can use a cube storage ottoman, with the added bonus of putting blankets or something inside it. Unless you have a huge living room, a coffee table eats up a valuable space and ends up covered with magazines and garbage anyway. Just say no to coffee tables!

1 comment:

Artemis said...

I agree ottomoans rock, you cn put a serving tray on it for entertaining and then move that for additional seating. Also, it becomes a cat bed too! You can cover with cheapy fleece while you're away...so you don't get super cute perfectly spaces vertical lines etched into the leather...also, everything becomes a cat bed eventually, so why not cut to the chase?